Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Review of DECEMBER MOON by Suzy Turner


 
I hereby award this book 5 wings!
 
When I write reviews, I often wonder what to say. I never want to reveal too much about a book, so that I don't spoil it for others. Yet, I want to say enough to do the book and the author justice.

Suzy Turner is a brilliant author, with some beautiful ideas for her stories. December Moon made me ache for The Lost Soul to be published (the 3rd and I believe final installment in the saga).

I was captivated from start to end. If you were to look up the word Unputdownable in the dictionary, you would have Suzy's books listed as the definition. And if that wasn't the case, it damn well should be.

December Moon tells the story of a girl who discovers her life is not all she thought it was. She believes her life to be dull, and who wouldn't living with her aunt and having no friends? Well, she has one friend, Raven, but they live so far apart, and only really talk by email and IM.

That is, until December finds out on the day of her fifteenth birthday that she is in fact a witch.

The story goes on to tell us about the way her life changes after finding out that she is a witch, and tells us more of Raven's story, along with the wonderful characters we met in the first book.

I really wish I could tell you more, but I fear I would spoil it by revealing too much. So all I can say is, if you haven't bought Raven yet, do so now. Then purchase December Moon. You will be in for an absolute treat.

Suzy Turner has created beautiful characters throughout both books, and I really felt a connection with them, given to me by her inspiring words.

I really hope it turns out well for Raven and for December in The Lost Soul. I know I will be routing for them. I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...