Thursday, 16 February 2012

Review of ENTANGLED by Nikki Jefford




Title: ENTANGLED
Author: Nikki Jefford
Source: ARC from the author for review
Expected Publication Date: 22nd February 2012.

I hereby give award this book 5 wings!

Firstly, I want to say I absolutely LOVE this cover. It's so beautiful. I was snooping around Twitter and came across a post asking for people's opinions on 2 possible covers for this book. I liked both of them, but am particularly pleased that Nikki went with this one. 

Even though I voted for this cover, I didn't know what this story was about. But I did know that I was about to read the Death By Chocolate anthology which contained a short story by Nikki by the name of Spellbound. I knew that this would be my chance to experience some of Nikki's work. Little did I know that Spellbound was actually Entangled in short-story form. 

Click here for my review of Spellbound. Or read on for my review of ENTANGLED.

Description From The Author's Blog

About:


Twin witches Graylee and Charlene Perez agree on one rule: No dating warlocks.

Not so easy when a certain rogue warlock is convinced you belong together and will use anything, including magic, to try and impress Gray.

When Charlene’s boyfriend dumps her, she threatens to kill either herself or the girl who stole Blake.

Somehow, Gray ends up dead.

A Resurrection Spell Gone Wrong

Two months after dying, Gray wakes up in Charlene’s body.

As the daughter of a witch, can anyone blame her mother for attempting to bring her back to life? Only now Gray’s stuck sharing her sister’s body 50/50 in 24 hour shifts.

The race is on for Gray to find a way back into her body before Charlene purges her from existence. 
Raj McKenna is rumored to meddle in the black arts, not to mention he’s after Gray’s invisibility spell and worse – her heart. But Raj might be the only one powerful enough to save Gray from fading away forever.

I read SPELLBOUND and said how wonderful it would be if it was a full length novel or even a series. So imagine how wonderful it was to find that actually, it's going to be a trilogy. I was over the moon!

I don't want to give away too much of the story but I can tell you it is a MUST-READ. If like me, you enjoy a good YA book and have a thing for books about magic, this book is definitely for you.
I said in my review that SPELLBOUND was spell-binding. Well that is even more true of ENTANGLED.

It's the story of twin sister witches Graylee and Charlene Perez. As is my experience of twins, they may look the same, but they have completely different personalities. Graylee is feisty, fun, and I love her. Whereas Charlene is self-obsessed, self-opinionated, not the kind of person I would be friends with. As long as nothing gets in her way, she's okay. But if you get in her way, you will know about it. Unfortunately for Graylee she is on the wrong end of learning this lesson the hard way. 

Gray didn't even actually do anything wrong. I can't tell you how it is that she ends up in such a precarious position because I would spoil the story for you. But I can say that even though it wasn't Charlene's intention for what happened to happen to her sister, she certainly didn't do anything to make up for what she did. 

Okay so we know I didn't like Charlene. but I do like the way she was written. Nikki has created some wonderful characters. Whether they be good-guys, bad-guys or neither, I love the way they all came to life within this magical story. 

I am really fighting with myself as to what to write here. I really want to tell you at length what made this story fantastic for me but I know I can't. It's for you to experience for yourself.


To me, ENTANGLED is a story of magic, love, rivalry, jealousy, and a betrayal of the worst kind.

In my honest opinion, you need to go and buy ENTANGLED and let yourself be taken away on a magical journey that has ups, downs and twists of fate thrown in there for good measure.

For me, Nikki's writing style is one that I have fallen in love with. I adored her right from SPELLBOUND and I can tell you now, I am a fan for life. Her words have a way of drawing you in and not letting you go, even after the end of the book. You are left pondering what on earth will possibly happen in books 2 &3.

I for one cannot wait for DUPLICITY which will be available in April 2012.

To find out more about ENTANGLED, DUPLICITY AND ENCHANTMENT, click on the link at the top for Nikki's own blog. 
To connect with Nikki on Twitter, click the link after Author underneath the book cover.


Much love and thanks must be given to Nikki for allowing me to be her first real reader, beyond beta-readers etc. Also for mentioning me in the acknowledgements. It's authors like Nikki that make my reviewing really worthwhile.

Many Thanks to you for dropping by to read my review. I hope you will go and buy this book and support this wonderful Indie Author.


I will leave you with the book trailer to enjoy:





To purchase ENTANGLED for yourself, click one of these links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...