Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Review of FAERY TALES & NIGHTMARES by Melissa Marr


Author: Melissa Marr
Source: Review copy provided by Harper Collins.
Publish Date: First published 13th February 2012. This edition published 1st March 2012.

I hereby give this book 5 wings!

I really love the cover for this book. I love that it's pretty yet haunting at the same time. It was what drew me to it in the first place and made me ask for a copy for review. 

FAERY TALES & NIGHTMARES isn't a full length novel. It's a collection of 8 short stories. WHERE NIGHTMARES WALK, WINTER'S KISS, TRANSITION, LOVE STRUCK, OLD HABITS, STOPPING TIME, COTTON CANDY SKIES AND MERELY MORTAL. 

At first, I wasn't too sure if I could read the ones that take place within the Wicked Lovely world. I haven't yet read that series and I argued with myself as to whether reading them would spoil any future enjoyment when I do pick them up. I needn't have worried though because as it turns out, they made me more likely to read Wicked Lovely. I fell in love with 2 of the characters, Niall and Irial and now I am desperate to read more about them.

*swoons* Sorry, I got sidetracked there for a moment.

I don't want to write this review as I would for a full-length novel. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't read it yet. The stories are so short and sweet that I find it hard to sum them up and do them justice without giving too much away.
What I can tell you is that this book is a MUST for Wicked Lovely fans. I hadn't actually read anything by Melissa Marr before picking this up but now I know that she is an author that I really look forward to more from. I can definitely tell why she is a New York Times Bestselling Author. Her writing is fast-paced and intriguing, she keeps you guessing what will happen next. I fell truly in love with Niall and Irial and if she can write more characters like them, then I can see myself falling in love plenty more times.

I adore books where you feel like you could actually be part of the story. I felt so at home within the stories based within the Wicked Lovely world. This is why I am now so eager to pick up the series. I actually cried at one of them so if a short story can do that to me, imagine what a full-length novel about those characters will do to me. 
I love all things fey. This is probably why those were my favourite of the 8. But I did enjoy all of them. They were fast and fun for different reasons. 

I am so pleased that I was presented with the opportunity to read this book. So thanks to Rosi at Harper Collins for sending it to me.
Thanks to Melissa Marr for creating such amazingly good stories and worlds in which to get lost.  I look forward to getting to know the rest of your characters. 

If you haven't read this book yet, pick it up here:



2 comments:

  1. Awesome review :D I am so glad you loved this as much as me. Niall & Irial are my favourite characters in the series. I hope you get to read the series soon, I loved it. -Carly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely Carly. I will read your review shortly. (I don't like to read others before I write mine as it can leave an impression on me and sway my own opinion.)
      I LOVED Niall & Irial - total swoon-fest!! :D:D xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...