Saturday, 5 May 2012

DIVERGENT/INSURGENT UK vs US Cover Comparison - Part of the #CANDORUK / #INSURGENTUK Campaign

So we all know that the UK and US have different covers for both DIVERGENT and INSURGENT. I wanted to do a post comparing them.




This post is part of the Team #CANDORUK campaign for #INSURGENTUK. Click on the picture above for more information.





Firstly, let's compare DIVERGENT covers:


 UK COVER


Vs

US COVER


I'm not sure I have a favourite of these if I'm being completely honest. I like them both for different reasons. 
The UK cover is soft and beautiful, it also has the 3 birds that Tris (and myself) had tattooed. 
Whereas, the US one is far from soft. It's striking in it's beauty. It reaches out and grabs your attention. I must admit, I completely adore them both!

Now, to compare the covers of the upcoming INSURGENT:

UK COVER


Vs

US COVER


Again it's a battle of the soft verses the striking.

The UK one goes well with the soft beauty of the UK Divergent. The US one goes with the striking beauty of the US Insurgent. Both, again, are beautiful for different reasons and again I must admit I adore them both.

So which are your favourites? Are you as unable to pick as I am? Soft or Striking? You choose.
Don't be afraid to leave a blog comment telling me which is your favourite and why. I'd love to hear from you.  






4 comments:

  1. The Divergent covers, I prefer the UK one & for the Insurgent covers, I prefer the US one. Yes I would have to be awkward lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahaha you awkward cuss!! lol :D I like them all!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The UK had the same Divergent cover as the US one last year so that is the version that I have. They changed the UK cover this year to go with the Insurgent cover. I think I prefer the new UK covers, I already have the UK Insurgent one but I really want to replace my old copy of Divergent with the new one so that my covers match. Don't you just hate it when your covers don't match for series books? Yes, I am a bit OCD like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to Divergent, I prefer the UK cover. There's just something about the US cover I don't like, plus the fact that the cover doesn't say anything to me about the book. With the UK covers, especially for Divergent, the silhouette of the girl on her own gives me the idea of someone struggling with something, possibly internally, and I think that works for this series. If you think of the cover only and not the story, for Divergent, with the birds on Divergent flying away.. leaving the roost, maybe? Fits. And thinking of what you read in Divergent, the burning leaves on the Insurgent cover... a tree is the sign for Amity, the peacefull. If leaves are buring, I get the idea that peace is being destroyed. Also fits. I don't really get anything fromt he US covers. But I think the US Insurgent cover is kind of pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...