Sunday, 5 August 2012

Review of ENDLESSLY by Kiersten White


Title: ENDLESSLY (Paranormalcy #3)
Publication Date: August 2nd 2012
Source: eARC provided by Harper Collins via Net Galley

*I hereby award this book 5 wings*

So we've come to the end of the trilogy and what a shame that is. What can I say that would make Kiersten rethink the decision to end it here and write another, say, 3 books? I don't think there is anything. Perhaps she'd write a spin-off series if I wrote a really begging letter? I doubt it but it sure would be nice.

I picked up Paranormalcy a while ago when I was looking through books on Amazon. I thought I would like it and boy I was not wrong. It was up there with my favourite books of the time. So I was glad when I learned it was going to be a trilogy but now we are at the end, I am quite sad that it didn't last longer.

The road to the end of Evie's journey is a long and bumpy one to say the least. There's the fact that Reth shows up when she least expects or wants him to. That in itself is bad enough. Whenever he's around, there's always a truckload of trouble. He's gorgeous and hard to resist but every time Evie sees him, it reminds her of how he treated her when they were together and the fact that he wants to 'fill her', for whatever that means. He keeps offering to take her back to the Seelie Court so that they can be together and she can fulfill whatever destiny he seems to think she has in store.

Then there's her dreams where she makes contact with Vivian, the 'sister' she found. Those dreams aren't exactly bad dreams because she gets to connect with Viv, but they remind her of the fact that they are both 'Empty Ones'a and that she had to put Viv in a coma because of what happened last time with her wanting to fill up on other people's souls.

There's also Jack. Good old Jack. The one that left her in the Faerie Paths to die. It's always fun when he's around.
Plus there's a whole lot of other stuff going on that Evie really needs to get straight but she hardly has time because there's always something else gets in the way. Reth is his usual self, he does things to get Evie to do what he wants. You never can tell if he's actually being genuine or if he's fulfilling his own agenda. He wants her to open a gate and let all of the Paranormals through.

Then there's this little issue of Lend falling asleep every time Evie's in the room. But I won't tell you more about that one, it's for you to figure out.

So all in all, Evie has a lot of issues to resolve. There's ups and downs. There's times when you laugh out loud, but there were also a couple of times that if you are anything like me, you will tear up and eventually those tears will free-fall.

This book was certainly a fitting end to Evie's journey. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. The thing with this trilogy is that it's so easy to lose yourself in them. The books are always beautifully written and easy to lose chunks of time because you have your nose in the pages.

Thank you Harper Collins for providing the galley. Thank you Net Galley, as always. But thank you most of all to Kiersten White who introduced me to a kick-A heroine and a wonderful rag-tag bunch of Paranormals, friends and foes alike.

Thank you all who have come by to read my review. Hope to see you all again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm simply hooked on this series due to the covers. Man, what gorgeous art.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...