Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Review of ReAwakened by Ada Adams


Author: Ada Adams
Publication Date: November 27th 2012
Source: ARC provided by the author

"Becoming a vampire guardian was Dawn Fairchild’s ticket out of the Scarlet House. Fresh off a successful mission, life in Angel Creek should have been great. But when her sort-of-maybe-boyfriend, Sebastian, disappears on a quest to help a beautiful vampire from his past, Dawn finds herself amidst a web of danger, lies, and deceit.

Joining forces with Razor, an enigmatic rebel lacking both a verbal and a physical filter and her band of Misfits—Brooke, Sophie, Hunter, and Seth—Dawn is thrust into a race against the clock to solve the mystery surrounding brutal Born kidnappings and come to terms with the sudden discovery of her own unique powers. With time ticking away and Born vampires’ lives in jeopardy, it quickly becomes evident that someone—orsomething—desperately wants Dawn and is willing to shed any amount of blood to get her.

Dawn has only one chance to face her demons and overcome all obstacles standing in her way as she embarks on the biggest mission of her life—one that threatens a deadly outcome for all involved."

*I hereby award 5 wings!*

First of all, I want to start with some cover love. We all know by now that I love good cover art and this is more than good. It's awesome!
I love the way the red really makes everything pop. And the model? Do not get me started on how much I drooled over him when I first laid eyes on him. He has startlingly gorgeous eyes and soft looking lips.... *swoons*

*mentally slaps self* Let's get on with the review shall we? It's what we came here for after all.

I'm not sure where to start this review really. There aren't enough words to describe how amazing this book was. It was EPIC! 
For those of you who have read ReVamped (Angel Creek #1) you will know that it was action-packed yet quite light-hearted. But ReAwakened is darker, grittier and much more intense. For me it was a roller coaster ride full of action, lust, turmoil, passion and something a little deeper...!

This time round, the team in Angel Creek kick things up a notch. The new President disbands them as a team after an attack on Scarlett House. But the team aren't prepared to take it lying down. Born vampires are being kidnapped and they won't rest until they solve the mystery and return them to their rightful places. 

Dawn is outraged by the fact that Born vampires are being taken and she will stop at nothing, no matter the personal cost, to get them all back in one piece. They say what you don't know can't hurt you, but in this case that's just not true. Dawn has no information, no idea where to start looking for the missing. To add to that fact, Sebastian has disappeared with his friend Lena on a mission to rescue Lena's sister who is one of the missing Born. 
So the team, minus Sebastian, must do all they can to find any shred of information to help Dawn. Sebastian left without telling Dawn so that she wouldn't get embroiled in the mess. But as stubborn as she is, Dawn refuses to sit back and do nothing. She tells the team that with or without them she will rescue the Born. 
The team stand by their leader and they all embark on a journey they won't soon forget. 

The task they have undertaken will be extremely difficult for them all. Fraught with worry over Sebastian's whereabouts, Dawn finds it especially hard. 

During the mission, Dawn battles with her thoughts and feelings. She can't admit how she feels about Sebastian, not even to herself. One minute they are sharing a deep, heartfelt kiss. The next they are like two ships that pass in the night, not acknowledging the ever-growing, ever-deepening feelings they have for each other.

Don't get me wrong, not everything in the book is dark and gritty. There are lighter moments. Mainly provided by new character Razor. That guy is a laugh a minute. He's cute, funny, sarcastic, witty. He makes a move on Dawn several times, only to be rebuffed because she's unsure of the situation between her and Sebastian. But for entertainment sake, Razor really is the guy. He's also a good ally to have given the current situation. 

There are also some hot, hot, HOT moments that are top secret *my lips are sealed* I wouldn't want to ruin your first-hand enjoyment of them!

Ada Adams is a great author. In fact she's one of my favourites. In book 1, I knew I was totally hooked on this series and then book 2 came along and I was even more hooked. I can't wait to see what she has in store for book 3. I'm like a junkie awaiting my next fix! 
I fell head over heels in love with Sebastian from the moment I laid eyes on him and this book only further cemented my love for him. As for Dawn? She is one of the most kick-A heroines to date in YA. She's strong, stubborn, sarcastic... wait a minute, I could be describing myself there too... no wonder I like her so much ;)
The rest of the team are some of the funniest bunch of misfits ever put together. Seth the computer nerd. Brooke the high-school beauty queen wannabe. Sophie the introverted book lover. Hunter the quiet, broody ex-junkie turned reliable team member that will fight side by side with you tooth and nail. You just have to love them all. 

The thing I loved most about this book was the fact that it had twists and turns that were built to make you think you knew what was coming and then BAM! it hits you that you are in fact incorrect. 

The thing that I liked least about this book was the fact that it had to end! I got to the end and was like "No, there has to be more pages that I'm missing, it can't end like this."

I won't lie to you. This book sure wasn't all smiles and I definitely cried (a couple of times) so just a warning to have some tissues ready. Ada manages to weave her spell on you so that you can't help but fall into this world head first and never want to leave. 

If I could sum up this book in just a mere sentence, I would say; ReAwakened is action packed and immense, something to really sink your teeth into (pardon the pun). 

Thank you to Ada for the ARC copy and for letting me BETA read this wonderful book. You truly are fantastic. I look forward to the next installment in Angel Creek. Until then I will settle for dreaming of Sebastian ;)

Thank you all for coming by to read my review. Hope to see you here again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...