Saturday, 19 January 2013

Review of Beautiful Beings and Heaven & Hell by Kailin Gow


Author: Kailin Gow
Publication Date: July 18th 2011
Source: e-copy provided by author for participation on the RABT tour

An ethereal exclusive boarding school with unearthly beautiful students...Lux, a rebel girl, who has been seeing demons and angels since she was two...Asher, the bad boy on a motorcycle who sketches angels...Brax Kingsley who instantly captures Lux's eyes when she moves into the neighborhood...And the Hatchett twins whose parents were murdered, leaving them a ridiculous fortune...All brought together...all part of the puzzle behind the Beautiful Beings

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

When I was first asked to be part of this tour, I was excited because I love books about angels.  Well it turns out I was right to be excited. This book packs a hell of a punch. With 3 smoking hot guys, angels, demons, incubi and succubi; it sure makes for a roller coaster ride of a book. 

Lux Collins has had to pack up her life time and time again. She may as well live out of cardboard boxes for all the moving around her and her parents do. She got expelled from her last school and has quite the reputation for drawing trouble. But it isn't Lux's fault. She sees demons and with that comes fighting them and banishing them back to Hell. 
This latest move sees her attending a rather elite school, St James' in San Fransisco. Shown around the school by Braxton Kingsley, she runs after what she thinks is a demon, but turns out to be a hot guy called Asher.
Lux is quick to make friends with 2 of Brax's close friends, the Hatchett twins; Moore and Shayne. They both exude such friendly, kind persona's and are both absolutely gorgeous. Turns out they are heirs to a fortune too. Their parents were murdered and that left them living in their mansion by themselves. Brax's parents disappeared whilst investigating something Paranormal, so he lives with his Uncle, Dr Kingsley. He too is wealthy. It seems like everyone is. They all live in homes much more indulgent than Lux and her parents' modest home.

There's something about Brax that Lux is attracted to, but just as she is discovering this, Moore weaves his spell on her when he kisses her and she finds herself ready and willing to do anything for him. But though Lux is painfully attracted to Moore, she still has a growing attraction to Brax. He's handsome, funny, kind and makes her feel good.  Then there's bad-boy Asher whom she also finds a connection with. Caught between three smoking hot guys? Who wouldn't want that?! 

So Lux is ridding San Fransisco of it's demon's and is warned to beware of the beautiful beings. But what beautiful beings? Everyone at St James' is beautiful. And why would any of them do anything to harm her?

Well for the answer to that, you'll need to read Beautiful Beings for yourself.

From the first word to the last, I was absolutely hooked. Kailin Gow has a writing style that is fast-paced, action-packed and chock full of twists and turns. Just when I thought I had things figured out... Oops, turned out I didn't after all.

I am not usually an advocate of love triangles [or should it be square with Lux and 3 hot guys?]. I usually prefer my stories a little more straight forward and uncomplicated. But with that being said, I really enjoyed the relationships between Lux and her admirers. There is something to be said about each one of them, but I won't explain, I'll let you discover that for yourselves.

I have never read anything by Kailin Gow before, but you can be sure I will track down everything that she has written and read it. She has rocketed her way to my list of Favourite Authors. I don't know if every book she has written is as fun as this one, but I know I am sure looking forward to finding out.

As I finished reading this, I picked up book #2 Heaven and Hell straight away as I couldn't bear to be parted from some of my new favourite characters. The question on my lips was 'will she make a decision as to which of her 3 suitors she wants?'

Thank you Kailin for gifting me this book for the tour, but most of all for creating a story I'm not sure I want to hear the end of (because that's the end then, no more fun with Lux, Brax, Asher and Moore - and for that reason, I will be sad, very sad.)

Thank you RABT for asking me to take part in the tour.

To purchase Beautiful Beings for yourself, click one of the following links:





Publication Date: December 6th 2012

"Lux Collins now knows what are the Beautiful Beings and the danger they pose to everyone. All her training and experience in the world cannot prepare her for what she cannot help: falling in love with one. Her enemy, her forbidden love. Can she break the curse on him and save him from his fate or will their love be doomed forever?"

As I said at the end of my review for Beautiful Beings, I picked this book up as soon as I was finished because I couldn't wait to find out what happened next.

This book picked up the pace even more than the first. There was more drama, more tantrums, more steamy kisses... everything a girl needs from a book really. 
I think my Goodreads status summed it all up: 
OH MY GOOD GOD just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it did exactly that. Fun, intense, thrilling, smoking hot guys and a succubus bitch to hate on? That makes one helluva badass book. Kailin Gow, everybody, a new found favourite author. 

I can't even really give you a brief description of what happens in the book because I'll give too much away. 
I read this book in one sitting because it was so all-consuming. I had to stay up until 12:30am to finish. I literally could not put this book down and walk away. My eyes were glued to it, I had to keep turning the pages, desperate to know what was going to happen.

Is my thirst for more sated at the end of book two? No! I need books 3 and 4 and I need them NOW :D

In all seriousness if you like action-packed, drama-filled books that are made all the more appealing by 3 absolutely delicious guys, then you need to read this series!

Thank you to all who came by today, I hope to see you all here again soon!

If you are intrigued and want to buy Heaven and Hell, you can do so here:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...