Monday, 20 May 2013

Review of FALLING INTO LUST by Selene Chardou



*Content Recommended For Mature Readers*


Publication Date: April 20th 2013
Source: e-copy provided by the author for review

"Sydney is determined to have a twenty-third party to be remembered and when her grandfather decides the celebration should be on his brand new yacht, the Landvik III, this isn't the only surprise in store for the uptown girl who has everything but love...

Kasper "Kaz" Gillian dropped his family a long time ago to form Scarlet Fever, one of the biggest rock and roll banks in the world and definitely in the twenty-first century. 

When Sydney and Kasper meet, there is an instant explosion of emotions. The sexual tension is so thick, it could be cut with a butter knife and before either of them realize it, they have fallen into Lust..."

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

WARNING: Don't read this book unless you want to fall hard in lust with a rock god!

When I talked to Selene Chardou about reviewing her book, Falling Into Lust, I wasn't prepared to fall for Kaz just as much as I did. I love rockers, especially of the tattooed variety. If there's anything as hot as a tattooed guy, I sure ain't seen it! This book is the first in the One More Night novella series and let me say if this is how hot the series begins, I can't even begin to imagine how hot and explosive the ending will be. 
I read this in just one sitting and I am absolutely dying for Falling Into Us, which comes next. 
With Selene's brilliant writing and sex scenes that are just smokin' - well, we have a winning combination.
I thought at one point I might spontaneously combust -well, not so 'spontaneously' ;)

Syd wants her twenty-third birthday party to be one to remember and ever one to give in to her wants and needs, Syd's Grandfather hires rock band Scarlet Fever to play a private gig for her and some friends and family aboard his yacht. 
The night of the party arrives and Syd is dressed to kill. she's a girl with a mission. It's been an unfulfilled wish to bed a rocker and she imagines how it would feel were she to bed the notorious womaniser, Kasper 'Kaz' Gillian, lead singer of Scarlet Fever. The band are all known for their womanising ways, but it's Kaz that Syd has her sights on. Once Syd makes up her mind to do something, nothing can stop her, come Hell or high water. 

When Syd and Kaz meet, there is an inexplicable electricity in the air. There's sexual tension aplenty, but is it just lusting after each other or could there actually be a deeper connection on a more emotional level? Well I'm hoping we discover more about them in the upcoming books because even though we're just at the beginning of their journey, it's easy to see that there are more layers to be unravelled. 

I was instantly hooked by the compelling way that Selene Chardou writes. Then there's the undeniable pull of the sexual chemistry between Syd and Kaz. I found myself wanting, needing to read faster. I also found myself wishing Selene could write faster because I need Falling Into Us now.

This installment had a great flow to it, nothing was forced. It felt like a full-length novel with the amount of story she managed to tell in such a short space of time. I found that I liked all of the characters, there wasn't one bad one in the bunch. But I guess only time will tell if they stay that way or if there are actually skeletons hiding in some closets. I really like a book where I can invest in the characters and this seems like it's going to be an emotional series for me. 

If you're looking for a steamy, un-put-down-able book - then this is just the right one for you. It's a really great mixture of fantastic writing, an eclectic cast of characters and just the right amount of spice.

Thank you Selene for the review copy of this awesome book. Roll on release date for Falling Into Us because I cannot wait for more sparks between Syd and the sex-on-legs that is Kaz Gillian!

Thank you all who came to read my review. Hope to see you all for the unveiling of the cover on Friday May 24th at 8am GMT.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...