Sunday, 26 May 2013

Review of Forbidden Love by Natalie Hancock


Publication Date: May 15th 2013
Source: e-copy provided by author for review purposes

"When your love is considered a taboo, would you break it to get what you wanted?


Keta is a vampire hunter with revenge deep in her soul. She is hunting and killing all vampires until she finds the one responsible for her torture and the one who changed her into something more than what she was before.

Elijah was born a vampire but bitten by a werewolf. He is the only known half-breed in existence. The connection between his werewolf master, alpha male and pack leader, Rio, and himself can’t be broken, even by vampire law. So when Rio’s daughter, Katrina, goes missing, Elijah is ordered to search for her.

Keta and Elijah’s paths cross and an explosion of deep lust neither of them understand is awoken, threatening to destroy everything Keta believed in and unmask the identity she tried so hard to keep intact.

Can Keta trust Elijah before their forbidden love kills them both?"

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

This book is short and sweet, so deserves a short and sweet review.

Erotic, passionate, forbidden love. Who doesn't want some of that? I sure do.
This is the first book of a trilogy and I can tell you now, I NEED the next two installments like a flower needs the rain. 
When Natalie asked me if I wanted to review her new novella, I automatically jumped at the chance. Having read one of her books recently and enjoying it immensely, I knew that no matter what, I would love this book and she didn't leave me wanting. Well, she did. Wanting more Elijah. But then who wouldn't?!

Keta is a vampire hunter and has earned herself the nickname "The Silent Killer". She wants to rid the world of the scum that made her what she is today. Elijah was born a vampire but was bitten by a wolf so he is a half-breed, something that has never existed before. When their paths cross, there is an attraction so intense and full of lust. Neither of them understand why they feel the way they do after such a short time, but after the feelings have awoken, they won't go away.
But Keta is keeping a secret and if Elijah uncovers the truth, he may walk away from her without another thought. She doesn't want that to happen so she remains stoic in keeping her secret. 

Commanded by the alpha male of the pack, Elijah must obey Rio's order to find his daughter who went missing 3 months previously. Why did Rio wait 3 months to report his daughter missing and why is it so imperative that Elijah find her now?

Elijah hates Rio with passion but cannot go against the alpha of the pack. Though Elijah is also vampire, when he is given an order by Rio, he must do as he is told or suffer the pain that comes with disobeying a direct order. 

So Elijah and Keta set out to find Katerina. Their journey is not altogether an easy one. Fraught with danger and an undeniable attraction to one another, this makes for a story well worth reading!

I absolutely LOVED this book. If I could award more than 5 wings, I really would! I cannot wait for books 2 & 3 because I have been left swooning for more Elijah. 
The characters are great and they are easy to bond with. I defy anyone not to do the same.

Natalie Hancock is a great author and knows just how to leave a girl satiated yet wanting more at the same time. This story may only be a novella but it packs the punch of a full-length novel. With passion and action to boot, this is one hell of a story.

Thank you Natalie for allowing me to read and review Forbidden Love. What can I say, it was nothing short of A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Thank you to all who came to read my review today. If you want to pick up a copy of Forbidden Love, please click one of the following links:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...