Sunday, 30 June 2013

Review of ALICE'S SACRIFICE by Andrea DiGiglio


Author: Andrea DiGiglio
Publication Date: March 29th 2013
Source: eARC copy provided by author for review purposes

"After the fight of a lifetime, Alice and Cole return home to live a life they were never meant to live. Fallen Angel fathers choose to stay, protect and get to know their nephilim children. Now that everyone knows where to find Alice, the real question is who is that information pertinent to? One single traumatic event sets Alice's true destiny into motion. How each of those she cares for reacts to this event; has enormous consequences for her. 

What will Alice have to sacrifice and for whom?"

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

If any of you have read my review for Finding Alice, you will know just how much I loved it. That being said, I think Alice's Sacrifice was even more amazing. You can't help but get sucked into the turmoil and turbulence that is Alice and Cole's life. I can honestly say, I loved Cole Corvus right from book one, but now? I love him even more and I hadn't previously thought that was possible. 

In this amazingly written second installment of the Alice Clark Series, we are given insight into more of their Fallen family and as it is written from alternating POV's, you get to experience things not only from Alice's standpoint, but also that of Cole, Penemue/Paul, Kokabiel and Jake. If you think this will make the book more confusing, don't worry because it doesn't. Andread DigGiglio has a knack of keeping things simple even when things in their world get complicated. She just makes it so easy to understand and you live vicariously through each of the characters. This gives you a more rounded view of the world they live in and the lives the Fallen lead. 

I don't really want to give much of the plot away, because I know I will get carried away, so I will try to keep my review short and sweet. 

Things in Alice's life have a knack of being complicated. But nothing could really prepare her for what was to come. Some may call it Destiny, I call it an unfair chain of events. I'm not sure I believe anyone's destiny is written in stone. I don't believe that we are born and everything that happens to us leads us to a pre-written destiny. I believe that we are born and throughout our lives, we experience things that -although they aren't always just or fair - shape us into the people we are. As for our end goal? No two people have the same end in sight, we create our own destiny by the road we choose to take in life. 

Alice and Cole just want to be happy. Is that really too much to ask? Well in their case it seems as though that is so. They never can catch a break. This time seems to be one of the worst in their time together. 

Some people believe that the End of Days is near and that Alice will be their saviour. They are ready and willing to sacrifice her to save themselves. They want to get back into the graces of God and think this is the way to go.
Meanwhile, Sariel, Paul, Kokabiel, Jake and Cole are readying themselves for what's to come and they will protect Alice at all costs, personal or otherwise. 
Cole would sacrifice himself in a heartbeat in order to save the girl he loves, but when the time comes, will Alice sacrifice herself and for whom will it be if she does?

There is plenty of quality time with Alice and Cole in this book but there is also plenty of action in it to keep you on the edge of your seat, with a few twists thrown in for good measure. 

I never knew what was coming next and I was pleasantly surprised throughout. 

Not everything that happened to Alice and Cole was good, but it was always intriguing to say the least. If you were in lust with Finding Alice, prepare to fall in LOVE with Alice's Sacrifice. 
The characters are more fleshed out in this book. It's good to find out more about Alice and Cole's fathers and their Fallen family.

If I could sum up this book in word, it would be: EPIC.
If I could sum it up in three words, they would be: BUY IT NOW.

Thank you so much Andrea for the chance to review your amazing series. Thank you for creating a world I want to dive into head first and get lost in without coming up for air. 

Thank you everyone who came by to read my review today. Hope to see you here again soon.

PS: Here are the buy links:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...