Friday, 18 October 2013

Review of HER (Him #2) by Carey Heywood


Title: HER (HIM #2)
Author: Carey Heywood
Publication Date: October 26th 2013
Source: ARC copy from author for review purposes

You know her side of the story, now learn his.

"It was useless. I felt branded beneath my skin by a girl who left without even saying goodbye."

When Will Price was assigned a partner for a sixth grade class project he had no idea she would become his best friend. After years of friendship, she eventually became so much more. Then, one day she left with no explanation. 

Will’s life shattered right before his eyes and he was left alone to pick up the pieces. Floundering, Will must figure out a way to carry on, to find a way to exist without her. 

Seven years later, a chance encounter leaves him desperate to get her back. He has one week to make her his again. Not everyone gets a second chance with the love of their life and Will is determined to never lose her again.

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

This is a story about a love so strong and true that neither person could forget or get beyond it. If you read HIM, you will know Sarah Miller's side of the story, but now it's time to get inside the head of Will Price. 
In my review of HIM, I gushed over one of the most amazing story I had read in a while. Let me tell you, HER is no different in that respect. It's just as amazing, if not more so. Last time we only got Sarah's POV of what happened. I fell in love with Will and couldn't wait to get his side of things. Now was my chance and I grabbed it with both hands, jumping head first into a story that would leave an imprint on my heart. I am sure that Carey Heywood writes books to make me cry. I knew from reading HIM that I would need tissues, so I came prepared. That preparation was not mental though. I was on tenterhooks needing to know why Will did what he did and why things happened the way they did. Not having the mental preparation ahead of time meant that this book wormed it's way in and gripped my tear ducts until they overflowed, even at the slightest things. 
This story was so real and tangible, it felt like the characters were friends and each time they experienced the smallest hint of emotion, I was right there with them. Will and Sarah were apart for 7 years and this was their journey to see if they could find their way back to each other. Their love is the kind of love many of us can only dream of. Seven years is a long time to not be able to move on from or forget love. I mean, I still remember my first love, even 11 years down the line, but I haven't lived my life in hope that we'll reconnect, nor will I. But for some people, their first love is their only. It's real and impossible to deny. That's what Will and Sarah had and Will would do anything in his power to get the girl he can't get out of his head back into his life.
There are not enough words for me to describe how much emotion is packed into this book, but there are a couple of ongs you can listen to and know what I mean. 

  








Yes, they are all Lady Antebellum songs. Yes it has a tiny bit to do with my infatuation with them. but more so, it has to do with the meaning behind each and every lyric. 
So, I've tried not to give anything away but still leave you yearning for the book. If, like me, you cry at the slightest thing, then make sure you have a box of tissues ready. Scratch that, call a warehouse and have them bring you all the tissues they have! 

Thanks for coming to read my review. Hope to see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...