Monday, 7 April 2014

Review of DEAR TABITHA by Trudy Stiles


Title: DEAR TABITHA 
Author: Trudy Stiles
Publication Date: March 28th 2014
Source: eARC provided by the author for review purposes

This book is not suitable for young readers. It is intended for mature adults only (18+). It contains strong language, adult/sexual situations and some violence. 

Dear Tabitha is BOOK TWO in the Forever Family Series. Dear Emily should be read FIRST as this is NOT a standalone book.


You know me. You know who I am. What I am.

Damaged. Confused. Alone.

You feel sorry for me. You pity me. 

You know what I’ve done. What I’ve given up. Who I’ve given up.

You try to understand what I’ve been through and how I can go on with my life. But you can’t possibly understand.

I’ve lost too much. Sacrificed too much. Given up everything so that I can find myself.

Well, I’m done.

I’m done walking away from everything that matters. 

It’s time for me to heal. 

It’s MY TURN to earn…

Redemption.
Love.
Family.
“Dear Tabitha” is the second book in the “Forever Family” series. This is book 2 of 2 and concludes the story that began in "Dear Emily". It is NOT a standalone story and is meant to be read after Dear Emily.

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

I have just put this book down and wanted to write my review while it was fresh in my mind. The trouble is, I don't think I have enough words - at least not coherent ones - that can sum this book up. It was beautiful, amazing, heart-wrenching, sad, happy... I felt so many emotions whilst reading it that it was like being on a roller coaster with the ups and downs, twists and turns, all things I didn't see coming. When I read Dear Emily, I didn't think it could get any better, but Trudy Stiles has gone and brought her A-game to the table yet again and blown me away. If you haven't read Dear Emily, then you are seriously missing out. You can read my review of it here

Dear Tabitha is the story of a broken girl who seeks love, redemption and most importantly family. Tabby has never felt like she truly belonged, at least not since Trina died. All she wants is a family of her own. She  needs to love and to be loved. She's grown up a lot since Dear Emily and it's good to see her in a good place in her life. But all that is under threat of collapse now that Alex is back and wants to see her.  He's been on the road with the band but now he's home, he wants to see Tabby and nothing can prepare either of them for what is about to happen. 
In this book, we learn more about Tabby's past and the gruelling, despicable things she has had to endure. Trudy Stiles is an amazingly talented author and she has managed to create a tangled web of lies, abuse, rape and more hurt than one person should be able to handle. We see Tabby at her weakest point, but then we see her life progress and how she goes from broken to strong in one long journey. This is a story packed with so many powerful emotions that I found myself stopping reading to cry numerous times. It was a tumultuous journey for the reader as well as the characters, but that doesn't mean it can't end well.
I won't spoil the ending for you - in fact I won't spoil anything at all by going into too much detail. Suffice to say though, the ending had me crying tears of a different kind. 
I absolutely loved the characters. From Tabby to Alex, Dax, Tristan, Kirsten and yeah, even Garrett and eventually, Seth. 
Seth made it initially hard to give a damn about him, but yeah, now I can't wait for the Forever Family book #3 which is his story. 

You can be sure Dear Tabitha will have a place in my heart. I went through some similar things to Tabby and it endeared her to me all the more, I felt a real connection with her. That was one of the best things about this whole story, the characters were tangible, real, as though I could reach through the pages and touch them like they touched me. 

Thank you Trudy for the opportunity to read and review this epic novel. 

Thank you to everyone who stopped by to read my review. I hope you go on to read the Forever Family books if you haven't already. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...