Monday, 26 May 2014

Review of FALLING TO PIECES by L.T Kelly


Author: LT Kelly
Publication Date: June 29th 2013
Source: e-copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

When Teagan Lewis moves from rural Montana to the bright lights of London with her maker Thomas, she expects to live as harmoniously as she has for the last one hundred-fifty years.
Teagan didn’t know she had a heart or soul until she met Marc Romano. 
However, it quickly becomes clear that Marc is forbidden fruit. All the signs that he isn’t human were there from the beginning, but she chose to ignore them…to her peril.
Can she simply walk away from this mesmerizing stranger? Or should she risk her immortality to be with the man she has fallen in love with?

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

I honestly don't know where to start with this review, how to get the words from my mind to my fingers to the screen. It would take a whole novel to really tell you why I enjoyed this book so much, but I'll try to keep it short and sweet, and of course, non-spoilery!

I haven't read a book about vampires in so long that I couldn't honestly name you the last one I read. There was a time when vampires were all I read and I devoured so many books about them, but in recent times, it seems I cannot find one that intrigues me enough for me to pick it up. Sure, I still have unread vampire books on my Kindle, but when I come to choosing what to read, they are never at the top of the pile. 
All that changed when I saw Falling To Pieces. I don't know what came over me but I felt this intense desire, this deep need to read this book. And let me tell you, I am extremely glad I did. LT Kelly has this way of drawing you in and not letting you go, it's like she has the ability to cloud your mind so that all you see is her story and her characters become these real, tangible people that are there for you to discover and have fun while you do it. 
Does that sound silly to you? Maybe it does, but all I can tell you is for two days this book consumed me and I wouldn't have had it any other way. The character building was phenomenal. The world building was unquestionably imaginative and unique. The passion with which LT Kelly writes is what really sucks you in though. You can feel her love for and bond with each and every character, both good and bad. Teagan is a wonderful young vampire, living with her maker, Thomas. She does everything she is told without question. That is, until the night they arrive from America. They've moved to England and Teagan needs to feed. Whilst in search of something to snack on, she finds herself lusting after something else, a smell so intoxicating, she begins to feel desire for the first time in her vampire life - one-hundred and fifty years. Teagan cannot fathom the pooling of desire she is feeling ad doesn't know what to do about it - she isn't even sure of exactly what it is she is feeling, so how does she satiate her desire?

Marc is a mystery. He's an enigma. Charismatic, devilishly handsome and of course, smells so intoxicating. He's desirable on all levels. Only, there's something that Teagan can't put her finger on, something 'other' about him. But he's not a vampire, she'd know if he was. 

With how drawn she has become to Marc, will she find out 'what' he is and if she does, will it have an impact on the future of their relationship? Is what she feels for him too good to be true? Could it just be blood-lust?
How will their respective families feel about the unexpected union of the two? What will the fallout be? Can Teagan and Marc survive all that is to come their way?
There are so many questions here, and yet I cannot give you the answers you seek. Instead you must dive into the world of Teagan and Marc, using your heart to guide you. 

Beautifully written, intricately woven with intrigue, desire, love, lust, guilt, hurt and betrayal, Falling To Pieces is an emotion-coaster that once you get off, you are left feeling the desire to go through it all over again just to be near the ones you have come to love. How LT Kelly managed to make me feel such powerful emotions over this, I will never know. I swooned over Marc. I felt stabbed in the back on Teagan's behalf. I wanted so much to hurt Gabriella, not to mention others along the way. My feelings were so up and down. One minute I was happy, the next, I was plummeted so low that I was crying over my Kindle. This is definitely going straight to the top of two piles, one is my 'to-be-read-again' and the other is 'most favourite'.

Thank you Lucy for providing the e-copy of FTP, but more importantly, for crafting a world I didn't realise I would get so lost in and for creating the amazing God-like being that is Marc. *swoons* 

Thank you everyone who came to read my review. If it has inspired you to pick up yoour own copy, do so here: 




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...