Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Review of FALLING INTO YOU by LT Kelly


Author: L.T Kelly
Source: e-copy provided by author for review purposes

Marc Romano disappeared without a trace into the darkness. His lover became overwhelmed with grief in her loss. But her grief takes on a much more murderous form than most, for Teagan Lewis is a vampire.
Now her heartache is driving her further from the woman she once was, and she realises she must snap out of her monstrous habits and discover the way back to her old self. But how?
Ending their trip around Europe, Teagan and her friend Alex head back to New York. Teagan has the full intention of carrying out a dangerous plan here; not just physically dangerous, but emotionally as well.
How will she be able to resist the irresistible? And what of the new rival, Ivan Lenin? He threatens her life and the lives of everyone she loves. The only people who can help her are her sworn enemy and an ancient stranger. Will they assist her?
How will Teagan Lewis face the demons of her past and try to find happiness? Will she stay and fight or will she run from the things she must face in order to finally be at peace? Mistakes will be made. People will die. The time has come...

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

I really don't know what to say in this review. The biggest part of me wants to gush about all the things I loved and rant about all the things/characters I hated (I only hate them because L.T Kelly did her job right and made me hate them) but I know that I can't sit here and spoil the book for you. 
If you read my review of book #1, FALLING TO PIECES, you will know that I loved it completely and utterly and didn't think another book could match it. But, this book is just as good, if not better. I fell into the story head first. The ease of L.T Kelly's writing style made it impossible not to get sucked in. The journey was one of emotional torment. FTP was enough of an emotional roller coaster that I wasn't sure if my heart could take another beating - but I took the chance anyway, proving I was right - my heart now feels like someone tore it out of my chest, trampled all over it and then stuffed it's broken shell back in my body, barely beating. 
I love how some books can reel you in and make you feel an emotional bond with the characters. To be honest, I am a glutton for punishment, I like it when the author can make me feel as though I have taken an emotional beating. Well L.T Kelly certainly did that. 
I was already heartbroken at the end of FTP and it only continued in Falling Into You. This book was written with such passion, it was undeniable. It is so easy to see that L.T Kelly loves her characters and she made me love them just as much. 
Going into this story, I didn't believe I could love anyone as much as I loved Marc Romano. Well knock me down with a feather, I loved Geo just as much. I don't like books with love triangles as a rule, and this isn't a triangle per se, but I fell in love with BOTH brothers. Geo is charismatic, magnetic, you can't help but be drawn to him because he is beautiful and could charm a woman's pants off without a single touch.
I can't gush to you too much about the story-line or the characters, I'd be giving too much away, but you really don't want to miss this amazing book. 
You can tell that L.T Kelly wrote this book from her heart. She created some beautiful, astounding characters that have left footprints on my heart. The story flows beautifully and with the sneaky little twists and turns, you will never know what's coming until the wind is knocked out of your sail. 
The good characters are written well, yes, but then so are the bad guys. An authors job is to make you hate certain characters with a passion and oh boy did I hate them. The very fact that I feel this way is a testament to how well this story is written. 
This story is one of love, lust, betrayal, hurt and so much more. The core of it is that Teagan wants it to be possible for her to be with the guy she loves, but love proves that it comes when you least expect it. Love can be profound and beautiful and can come from a source you least expect. When you stop looking for love, it comes looking for you. Sometimes, what you believe to be love is merely lust, your mind confusing the feelings until they blur into something you pin your hopes on being love, but in the end, isn't really. 

I said at the start that this story tugged at my emotions. It made me laugh, it made me cry and it made me so infuriated that I wanted to punch someone. I don't know whether to applaud L.T Kelly for a job well done or maybe want to throttle her for hanging my heart out to dry. She buoyed my emotions up, she battered them back down. She twisted and turned them so that I didn't know what I was feeling. Now that I am done reading, I sat here and cried before writing this review. I listened to the song Falling Into You by Celine Dion, a long time favourite of mine from childhood and I read the last chapter whilst listening. This made it all the more emotionally draining. But at the same time, it made me happy for Teagan. 

Each chapter of FIY has a song under the chapter title and it is my advice that you listen to the song before or during the chapter. If you can listen and read, like I did, it makes the experience of this story even better. 

Thank you Lucy for the chance to review your amazing books. I loved them both dearly. I will never forget Marc and Geo. The are a part of my heart. Every book takes you away on a journey and this was one I never wanted to end. I was so wrapped up in the walls of the world you created and I wanted to live there, permanently. I know now that these are two books I will read over and over again. 

Thank you for comiing by to read my review today. I hope to see you all again soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...