Monday, 13 April 2015

Review of ESCAPE DOWN UNDER by S.M Phillips.


Author: S.M Phillips
Publication Date: July 3rd 2014
Source: e-copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

For Jess Townsend, life is about to get complicated.

Following on from her split with Josh two months ago, Jess has thrown herself into her work full throttle, making sure that the one good thing in her life remains the same.

Suddenly she is called into an important meeting at work. Absolutely petrified that she is about to lose her job, she does the only thing she knows how. Panic on the inside and walk through it with her head held high on the outside. 

Jess soon discovers she is being offered a once in a lifetime opportunity, but will she take it?

After dealing with an ex who can't let go and a broody mysterious Adonis who won't accept no for an answer, maybe the opportunity of an escape has arrived at the perfect time.

What does fate have in store and what obstacles will be thrown her way?

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

This is the first book in the Down Under series and boy does it kick off with a bang. Girls, hold onto your panties, you're about to meet Max Wild! 
Jess doesn't know it yet, but her life is about to get turned upside down and inside out, all thanks to a guy she spills a cup of coffee over. She's on her way to a meeting at work that will see her embark upon the journey of a lifetime, the only down side to which is leaving Jen and George, her best friends, behind. But excitement is in store for Jess from the first time she lays eyes on Mr Wild, her new business associate. She doesn't know it yet, but he is about to rock her world and shake her to the very core. It's like she's been sleepwalking through the last 8 years with Josh and now that their relationship is well and truly over and Max is on the scene, Jess feels awake, rejuvenated and alive for the first time in a long time. She doesn't know it but she is about to be thrown into emotional turbulence and her life will be never be the same. Max Wild changes Jess Townsend forever. But though he wouldn't normally show it, Max's life is about to be changed irrevocably by Jess too. Can the two of them escape their pasts and look forward to a better future, together? Can the ghosts of the past really be outrun or will things come back to haunt them? These are questions you will only find the answers to within the pages of Escape Down Under. 

This story is fast-paced, well timed and absolutely brilliantly written. There was plenty of drama that kept me hooked and sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time. I began this book when I woke up in the morning and found that I just had to finish it before bed so I ended up staying up until 1:30am. I was lucky it was my son's school holidays because it wasn't an early morning for me the next day. I couldn't put the book down. If I was cooking, it was in my hand, my multi-tasking skills were certainly tested by this amazing book, but I didn't mind one bit. 
I fell instantly in love with Max and when I finished the book I was shouting at him - at a fictional character! But we spend so much time with these characters and we immerse ourselves so fully in their world that they don't seem like mere fiction, they feel far more tangible than words on a page. As I got to the end of the book, my heart rose to the back of my throat and the tears fell hot and salty in fat droplets down my cheeks. This is one book not to be missed and I am so glad I had the opportunity to read it. 

Thank you Steph for the copy of Escape Down Under. I am looking forward to meeting you in July at Second City Signing to get my Down Under books signed, but be warned, depending where the other books lead, I may either tackle hug you or I may shout at you or maybe even both! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...