Thursday, 20 August 2015

Review for Tribulation and Truths by L.A. Cotton


AUTHOR: L.A Cotton
PUBLICATION DATE: August 20th 2015
SOURCE: eARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

"When Ana revealed her suspicions to Jackson about the circumstances surrounding his father’s death, she never expected it to be the catalyst for a series of events that could change everything. It was supposed to save him, not push him away. But now Ana is left watching the person she loves more than anything, lose himself to vengeance.

Jackson has spent most of his life loyal to the man he calls Uncle. But since learning that Marcus Donohue might have been responsible for the death of his father, Jackson is consumed with the need for revenge. Even if it means hurting the people he loves, and going against everything he believes in, to uncover what happened.

Will the truth finally set Jackson free or will it ruin his last chance at happiness with Ana… and a life out from under the shadows of the Donohues?

Tribulations will be overcome, truths will be revealed. Welcome to Chastity Falls."

*I Hereby Award This Book 5 Wings!*

As always with L.A Cotton's books, I jumped at the chance to read an ARC of Tribulation & Truths. I am seriously glad I did because I had been having Jax withdrawal symptoms *swoon* That man is pure unadulterated bliss!
Tribulation & Truths is the final part of Jax and Ana's story and I won't lie, I am extremely sad that it had to end. I whole-heartedly wish that Lianne would write more books based on the couple because although I am intrigued by Braiden's story (the next book in the series), I wish it didn't have to centre around him. Jax and Ana are the ultimate book couple. They have their ups and downs, for sure. But don't all couples?! 
This time round, Jax is in deeper than ever before. He's taken Braiden's place in the family due to Braiden's incarceration. This makes it a hell of a lot more dangerous for the couple and ultimately, they must live a life pretending to bow to Marcus Donohue's commands, whilst trying their hardest to find evidence linking Marcus to the death of Jax's father. Is there evidence to be found? Could Marcus really have been behind the demise of his best friend? Can Ana and Jax uncover the truth and if so, can the do it in time before Jax is in over his head and gets a target on his back?
The story was fast-paced and highly entertaining. I read it in a matter of hours, though I kept having to put the book down and walk away to try and draw it out. I really couldn't handle it being the end. So for me it was a catch-22 situation. Read faster to uncover the truth or read slower to prolong the story before it's inevitable end? 
As with the previous stories in this series, T&T was well-written, it flowed beautifully and had me on the edge of my seat in anticipation. Lianne always succeeds in making me ride a roller coaster of emotion, but more so this time because I knew it was the end. I laughed, I cried, I even threw something in temper as I was left feeling utterly bereft at one point (no spoilers). 
T&T was the perfect way to end this amazing couple's journey. Many trials and tribulations later, you get to see whether they get their happily ever after or if it ends in disaster. 

I am grateful to Lianne for providing me with this amazing book and wish to congratulate her on a job well done, because I am sure she thrives on emotionally draining her readers LOL. 

Thank you for coming by to read my review.  I hope you'll join me in wishing a Happy Release Day to T&T today! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...